Junior Fullstack Developer
We've been waiting for you. Apply now to work with some of the best talents out there. We provide international exposure, stellar growth, and mentorship and we believe in being good and doing good.
Antarctica Global is an Indo-French custom software development company with clients across the globe. We build scalable products that change people’s lives and make the world a better place. Be it to help an urban farm greatly increase its crop yield using IoT; to help a chain of schools in a third-world country bridge the communication gap digitally between parents and teachers; to help a group of hospitals make sure that every medical sample delivered is monitored to be in temperature compliance; we care and we deliver in absolute record time.
We are looking for a Junior Fullstack Developer to help us build the future of IoT and Technology.
The position is on a hybrid model, with a base in Mumbai.
You will be reporting to the Fullstack Lead of the company and be shaping up the entire system for scale. You’ll be collaborating intensively with Product Managers, Frontend & Backend Engineers, Design & Technical teams to create the best consumer experiences with the most delightful and scalable UI. You will work in a collaborative, transparent and highly delivery-driven environment with a strong focus on client satisfaction.
You will notably be asked to:
- Create and consume RESTful APIs.
- Design, develop, and maintain internal and external applications.
- Build efficient, testable, and reusable modules.
- Write high quality, structured application/interface code and documentation
- Focus on code maintainability and performance of the application.
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization & functionality.
- You’ll be adhering to style standards on fonts, colors and images.
- You must display proficiency with browser-based debugging and performance testing.
- You must be proficient in understanding cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them and be very comfortable with responsive design.
- You ideally are a developer with 2+ years of experience, else a young genius :)
On the Backend side of things:
- 1+ years of experience using Node.js and frameworks available for it such as ExpressJS etc.
- Practical experience in building APIs including developing caching strategies
- Deep Understanding of OAuth, REST and JSON concepts.
- Practical experience with Git, npm, yarn etc.
- Expert understanding of POSTMAN.
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages such as Pug, EJS, etc.
- 2+ years of experience with relational databases like MySQL, MSSQL, Postgres etc. (including schema design and writing efficient SQL Queries)
On the Frontend side of things:
- 2+ years of experience using HTML5, CSS3 (preferably with LESS or SASS)
- You have a deep knowledge of Bootstrap
- 1+ years of experience using React.JS
- You must be able to build reusable code and libraries for future use
- You should be proficient in Git & Version control and in communicating effectively to the team about your Task Management.
- You should be very familiar with RESTful APIs
- 1+ years of experience in API integration & parsing data.
- We expect you to have a good understanding of common frontend development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, Yarn etc.
- Possessing a working knowledge of Three.js, D3.js etc. is a plus
- International Exposure to Clients & Partners
- Stellar Growth & Mentorship
- Top-Notch Hardware Gadgets
- Paid Time Off
- Work From Home
- First-Class Train Pass
- Training & Development with Unlimited Access to Udemy Courses
- Special Holidays
- Performance Bonus & Stock Options
- Promotion of Gender Equality & Safe Work Environment
This position can offer, based on the candidate's experience and commitment to our hiring process, an annual package to the employee up to INR 8 Lakhs per annum.
According to his/her performance, the employee will also be offered significant Appraisals every year, regular Bonuses and Stock-Options of the company.
Our offices are located in the historical part of Mumbai, exactly 5 minutes walking-distance from CST Station, an incredibly beautiful UNESCO World Heritage Site and 15 minutes walking-distance from Churchgate Station.
Our offices have large French windows with ample light coming inside and from which you can observe parrots and kites flying in the surrounding centenary trees. We’ve used teak wood and marble for our furniture, and we display lovely artworks on our walls. We care for your comfort, to a point where you may also work from home when you feel like and leave on a holiday whenever you need it the most. What we care about is that you deliver beauty consistently, with a smile on your face.